In this photograph taken near Avalon's harbor in 1940, Charlie Chaplin and Paulette Goddard pose happily with their bicycle-built-for-two. One of Catalina Island's steamers is clearly visible in the background. Chaplin was a frequent visitor to the island since well before William Wrigley Jr. effectively purchased it in 1919. He was a member of the island's prestigious Tuna Club, and later remembered his frequent visits to Avalon as "halcyon days, holding our rods and dozing in the stern of the boat on those beautiful mornings with the mist of the ocean and the horizon merging into infinity."
- Boxed Set of 8 Notecards
- Blank inside
- Each card measures 5"x 7"
- Permanent Collection of the Catalina Island Museum